Prepare data for publication using OMERO¶
Users can publish Image data to the world using OMERO. Here we describe some steps to facilitate that. The steps are to be done by an administrator or restricted administrator in OMERO.
We will show:
- How to set up configurations in OMERO.web for establishing of a
- How to set up a
- How to get the data into the
- How to open the
public groupto the outer world.
OMERO.server has been installed and provisioned using an Ansible playbook.
OMERO.server configurations for publication are described in the following chapters of the publication in OMERO documentation:
- Consult with the system administrator of your OMERO.server the configuring of public user on the server. Read the possibilities about how to restrict the access to the data in public group using url filtering in the publication with OMERO documentation
- Establish a
public groupwith read-only permissions. See the publication example documentation and the Administrate Groups and Users for how to do it. Note: The
public groupis just an ordinary read-only group, only a subsequent addition of the
public userto this group makes it public.
- Think about the best strategy of data layout in the
public group, see suggestions about it in the Group setup part of publication example documentation.
- Consult with the scientists intending to publish their data about how to Move the data into the
public group, or move them yourself. Some helpful hints about the data Move can be found in the Data migration chapter of the documentation. Also see the chapter
Move data between groupsin Data management and cooperation for how to Move the data between groups. The other option is to import the data afresh into the
public group. Note: there is no possiblity to copy the data into
public groupfrom another group in OMERO at the moment.
- Once you are happy with the setup of the
public group, add the
public userinto the
public groupas described in the documentation. See Administrate Groups and Users for how to add users into groups in OMERO. The additon of the
public userwill make the data in the
public groupvisible to the world.