Search for Data¶
In this section, we present the server-wide search in OMERO. This is an additional option for data management, which complements filtering, mining and using annotations to organize your data, which are described elsewhere in Annotate Data and Filter using Annotations.
We will show:
- How to start a search in OMERO.web.
- How to search for objects annotated with a specific Key-Value Pair.
- How to use Advanced Search.
- How to search for terms in specific fields e.g. “name”.
- How to combine search terms using AND.
- How to combine search terms using AND NOT.
- Open a browser and enter the provided URL
- Connect using the provided credentials
mitomycin-Ainto the search box in the top right corner of the webclient
- The search results will show any objects e.g. Images or Datasets, which have anywhere the string mitomycin-A.
- Several images should be found, from two different datasets.
- Refine the search now for only Key-Value Pairs which have the key
mitomycin-A:0mMinto the search box and pressing
- Now you should find only 21 images.
- Click on the
Advanced searchtab in the search results.
mitomycin-A:0mM AND name:VRAQwhich will narrow down your previous search for
mitomycin-A:0mMto objects which also have
VRAQin their name.
- You should see 5 results now.
mitomycin-A:0mM AND NOT name:VRAQwhich will reject all objects which have
VRAQin their name and find only the ones which are named differently.
- You should see 16 results now.
- Click on the Browse link in one search result line of the last image (in the right-hand part of the centre pane) to navigate back to the main webclient.